Idea Napkin

  1. I am a very organized, ambitious person, and if I were to start this business I would want to see it grow and go far. The fact that I’m transitioning to a marketing major and that I’m in the business schools allows me to have a much more distinct and better ability to both market and run my business. I’ve also joined a marketing team for an organization, Project Makeover, on campus, along with having a marketing internship this summer. These experiences give me the ability on how to advertise and publicize my product, as well as have real life experience knowing what it takes to keep a brand’s image up using social media or other forms.
  2. FitTrend is both a product and a service; it’s an app that uses specific algorithms made from physical trainers to help customize workouts based on users body type. After a person inputs all their data, such as how much they weigh, how tall they are, how often they lift, and what they typically eat, FitTrend creates a monthly workout plan based on their information and recommended nutrition. It shows you how to do each exercise and allows you to log the workout by simply putting how many reps and weights you did. In addition, each workout plan could be customized on what the user wants, whether it be adding muscle, getting toned, or shaving weight. The cost would a monthly 5 dollar subscription.
  3. I’m offering it to all customers who want to get in shape but don’t know how to workout or want to spend money on a trainer. It can draw from both beginners and experienced weight lifters, as it draws people in who are not currently getting the results they want to with their workout plan.
  4. The reason I believe it’s better than other workout apps out there is that would be the first fully comprehensive app out there. I’ve seen some that simply just allow you to pick your workouts and log the data yourself, and I’ve seen other that will create workouts for you but not allow you to easily log data. This app will allow users to have more advanced customized workouts based off of the users body type, while also being user-friendly and allowing theme to log data, while also giving nutrition tips like calorie count they need per day and what types of food and how much they should be eating.
  5. The full comprehensiveness is what I believe sets the app apart. By having everything in one place, i.e.: your workouts, recommended nutrition, instructional videos, it can become the app for those trying to improve or change their body type. It would require more investment capital to gather all the information, but if we were able to keep a relatively low price it could attract in more users to offset that and eventually earn more revenue.

Summary: I believe all of the elements I discussed work together. The biggest issue with an app like this is that it's such a crowded market. I’ve already used several different fitness apps to find which is the most user friendly, and I still believe there could be improvement. That’s why the most important aspect is marketing the app is a hub for your health, containing each potential part you could possibly need. Thus, my experience promoting brands and with other marketing work could be key, as we want people to buy in to the full experience and separate from all the other apps.

Comments

  1. Hey Carson!

    I think that a marketing degree will definitely be useful in the pursuit of your fitness app. Marketing your fitness app to be more appealing to your market will be the key to the success of the app, especially given the number of other fitness apps that are available through the App Store. I really like that FitTrend is specific for a person, and there is no “Catch All” fitness program for everyone. I think you need to make sure you advertise this fitness application as more of a “personal trainer” app and less of a fitness app for you need to make your specific app different than the others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Exit Strategy

Final Reflection